Get to Know Us
It takes people to make your perfect travel experience a reality.
Learn more about our history, our values and our commitment to serving your needs.
In the fall of 1981, Bob Rogers set out to fill a need. The resources weren’t plentiful, but the vision was grand: to create a group travel company that understood the unique needs of student groups and made it easy for educators to take their students on amazing trips. Bob, a former band director with 10 years of teaching experience, knew the impact that travel could have on a student’s life. So he withdrew his retirement, converted his son’s percussion room into an office, and went to work.
From the beginning, relationships were key to Bob’s success – many of the company’s first clients were Bob’s friends and colleagues. In its first year of operation, Bob Rogers Travel took performance and education groups to the Walt Disney World® Resort and the World’s Fair in Knoxville, TN. Bob traveled with every group, calling home to collect messages and returning phone calls from pay phones when time permitted.
With a year of trips behind him and a desire to continue building meaningful relationships with his clients, Bob typed up a single page newsletter and began mailing it to his friends so they could keep up with their colleagues. Bob’s son and daughter, Tami and Todd, made their first contribution to their father’s company by sitting on the family room floor, folding newsletters and preparing them for mailing.
Today, Bob’s vision for exceptional service and attention to detail is carried out by travel professionals in seven states, who help clients in over 30 states travel across the country and around the world. That single page newsletter has evolved to become the current TRAVELnotes magazine, which is distributed twice a year to over 9,000 group leaders. Tami and Todd now serve as the leaders of the company. Throughout this growth, Bob’s original vision for a company that cared about people, relationships and worry-free travel experiences hasn’t changed.
With Bob’s vision as our guide, Bob Rogers Travel is making moments that matter.
We make the student group leader’s vision for travel a reality by developing meaningful relationships with our clients & partners, providing industry-leading service and attention for every group, and combining substantial buying power with the personalized touch of a family-owned company.
Our vision is to be the group travel company that brings dreams to life — with clients who look to us first, employees who can’t imagine a better place to collaborate, and partners who share our dream for a perfect travel experience.
Relationships: The depth of our relationships with clients, vendors and fellow employees enhances our ability to provide meaningful experiences and memories for trip participants.
Quality: We believe that the quality of the customer experience is directly related to a superior commitment to service and attention to detail.
Trust: We understand that our success depends upon a mutual trust between all stakeholders.
Expertise: We appreciate the breadth of knowledge, experience and problem-solving abilities inherent within our team.
Accountability: We accept responsibility for the success or failure of the customer experience, and recognize that anticipating the customer’s needs is a vital contributor to that success.
- Disney Partners Award for exemplary leadership and achievement within the student travel industry, providing quality experiences and demonstrating business integrity, while embracing and promoting the magic of Disney.
- Broadway.com/groups Top Producer’s Circle in recognition of BRT’s status as a leading promoter of Broadway to the group travel industry. (2011 & 2012)
- Top Producer Award for Disney Performing Arts OnStage programs at the Walt Disney World® Resort (2011, 2012 & 2013)
- Top Producer for Chicago Symphony Orchestra Group Sales in 2012
- Charter Member of the National September 11 Memorial & Museum
Associations & Partnerships
- Student & Youth Travel Association Active Member
- National Tour Association Member
- Make-A-Wish Foundation Official Sponsor
- International Airlines Travel Agent Network Accredited Member
- American Choral Directors Association Member and Proud Sponsor
- Disney Youth Programs PremEar Travel Planner and a member of the Disney Youth Travel Planners Symposium since 1993.
- Universal Orlando Preferred Youth Travel Planner
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2013 Universal Studios. © 2013 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved.