Ambassadors of Music: The Trip of a Lifetime
Summer is almost here, and we couldn’t be more excited! Our inaugural BRT Ambassadors of Music trips depart in just a few weeks for a life-changing international performance tour like no other.
In late 2021, we announced that BRT would be relaunching and reimagining the Ambassadors of Music program, a legacy travel experience beloved by student performers for over 50 years. We’ve been hard at work enhancing the program, adding new destinations, performance venues and cultural experiences, while retaining many of the traditions that make this program unique. This summer, more than 2,700 travelers from 10 states will be joining us for this incredible adventure.
The Ambassadors of Music Program celebrates student performers across the country. Each year, our statewide nomination process invites music educators to recommend talented musicians within their schools and districts. These students and their directors will embark on a fifteen-day tour of Europe where they’ll perform in breathtaking venues, experience new cultures and walk through history itself.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Explore five countries, including the United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Germany and Austria.
- Perform in historic venues in every country, such as Paris’ L’Eglise de La Madeleine, the beautiful Marktplatz in Rothenburg ob der Tauber and London’s Victoria Embankment Gardens.
- Live like a local in quaint villages, modern cities and charming mountain towns.
- Breathe in crisp Alpine air, taste local delicacies, listen to ancient church bells toll.
- Walk the same streets as classical music heroes like Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert and Hayden.
- Travel by air, land and sea – including a trip on the high-speed Eurostar train from London to Paris.
- Round-trip airfare
- Airport greeter to assist with check-in at your US departure airport
- All local transportation within Europe on luxury motor coaches
- 14-nights accommodations at handpicked hotels
- An English-speaking Tour Manager dedicated to your group for the entirety of the tour
- Two “City Coordinators” in each destination to provide in-depth local knowledge and support
- At least two meals per day
- Entrance to all sightseeing excursions and experience
- All gratuities
Every detail of the trip is handled, from transportation, accommodations, meals, excursions and experiences – we take care of everything. All students need is some spending money for snacks and souvenirs!
We’re honored to continue the tradition of the Ambassadors program for a new generation of student performers. As they step onto some of the world’s most picturesque stages – from world-renowned venues to lovely town squares – the music education they’ve received in the classroom will come to life in new, powerful ways. They’ll not only grow as performers, but as confident young adults as well, maturing as travelers learning new languages, foods, currency and cultures.
If you’d like to connect with your state’s Ambassadors of Music coordinator or simply want to learn more about our program, please reach out today through our website. We look forward to sharing this newly reimagined program with even more talented student performers in the years to come!
Newsletter: Get helpful tips and performance group travel news: