Travel Consultant – Sales
The Travel Consultant is often the face of Bob Rogers Travel! This role is responsible for attracting new school groups through referrals and prospecting while consistently renewing their legacy groups. Once new groups become clients, the Travel Consultant creates personalized travel experiences through developing meaningful relationships and delivering exemplary customer service.
- Facilitate the entire sales cycle, from initial relationship building to superior customer service throughout.
- Prepare each customized itinerary, proposal and quote, entering all details into Salesforce.
- Research and recommend the best performance venues, menus, amenities and activities for each client.
- Negotiate and contract hotels and transportation, gathering pricing and building the trip budget.
- Schedule and attend client meetings, parent meetings and industry trade shows.
- Keep organized records of all client and vendor communications; communicate and report correspondence from clients with Vice President of Sales.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional customer service and impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong administrative skills to simultaneously handle multiple trips and the budgets, tasks and responsibilities needed for each
- A positive, anything-is-possible attitude with clients; willing to go the extra mile to ensure their needs are exceeded
- Willingness to work beyond normal business hours when necessary
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Fantastic interpersonal and communication skills with clients, vendors and fellow staff members
- High standards for integrity, ethics, and commitment to the goals and values of Bob Rogers Travel
Bob Rogers Travel has been thrilling students and directors with impeccably planned performance travel experiences for over 40 years. A fast growing leader in the student travel sector, our team is made up of veteran music educators and travel-loving industry experts. We’ve been recognized as a top producer for Disney Youth Programs, Broadway and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and honored with awards from both industry leaders and distinguished travel partners. With representatives across the country and around the world, we’re singularly focused on delivering unparalleled service and life-changing experiences to the groups we serve.
We want you to be your best self,
which is why we provide:
Paid vacation time
Fun, collaborative environment
The personal touches that BRT provides. Your company gets to know the people they work with. I have never felt like a "number" with BRT.
Class Trip, 2018 DC tour
Columbia Central Junior High School
I appreciated the flexibility Bob Rogers showed us with the billing and various payments we had to make. We thought we were adding more and ended up not but you were great about giving us extra time to work out what we needed to on our end.
Band, 2017 Chicago tour
Plum Grove Junior High School
BRT is always on top of all details. Even when something has slipped through the cracks, changed, or something unexpected comes up, BRT is flexible enough to make the changes needed to make everything right. We have always been so well taken care of and the personal attention is what makes your company special.
Band, ’18-19 Orlando tour
Pella Community High School
This was my 5th trip with Bob Rogers, and I appreciate the professionalism and also the willingness to work with me and my students to make each trip the very best it can be.
Choir, ’18- 19 Atlanta &Tuscaloosa Tour
Nashville School of the Arts
You make the process so easy - step-by-step of what needs to be done, guidance along the way, available (and quick) to respond to questions and making me feel like me and my students are your priority.
Choir, ’17-18 New York City tour
Bowling Green High School
The quality of service that you provided us with was second to none. The organization and communication were exceptional and we always felt we were in “the loop” on things both before and during the trip.
Band, ‘17-18 Orlando Tour
Amos Alonzo Stagg High School
BRT hands down has been the absolute best travel company I have worked with in my 18 years in education. My interactions with BRT have always been so much more than just traveling from one destination to another...the focus has always been on people and providing them with experiences of a lifetime.
Band, ’17-18, Ireland tour
University of Illinois
From the scheduling, to planning, to overseeing, to leading, to customer service, everyone involved was courteous, prompt, and hospitable. Everyone did their jobs well and turned the trip experience into something better than we had anticipated.
Band, ’17-18 Nashville Tour
Lakewood Middle School
Very Organized - even when problems develop. We've gone on enough trips with Bob Rogers to know how BRT operates - always first class, always prepared.
Band, ’17 Los Angeles Tour
Sumner High School
The whole BRT team was extremely attentive, accommodating and reliable. Every detail was attended to and my stress level the entire trip was at an all-time low.
Band, ’17-18 New Orleans Tour