Travel Consultant – Sales
The Travel Consultant is responsible for bringing in new school groups through referrals and prospecting while consistently renewing their legacy groups. The Travel Consultant creates personalized travel experiences by establishing and maintaining meaningful relationships and by delivering exemplary customer service.
- Facilitates the entire sales cycle, including relationship-building via continuous touch points and superior customer service throughout
- Prepares the itinerary, proposal and quote
- Enters trip details into Salesforce
- Researches and recommends performance venues, menus, amenities and activities to meet or exceed the client’s needs
- Negotiates and contracts hotels and transportation
- Gathers pricing and builds the trip budget
- Schedules and attends client meetings, parent meetings and industry trade shows
- Keeps organized records of all client and vendor communications
- Nurtures a positive, respectful and productive working relationship with the Travel Coordinator and all BRT team members
- Displays a professional demeanor and proven ability to handle confidential information
- Works with fellow staff members on special projects as needed
- Communicates and reports correspondence from clients with Vice President of Sales
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superior customer service and organizational skills
- Detail-orientedand able to handle multiple responsibilities of competing priority
- “Can do” attitude with clients; willing to go the extra mile to ensure that the client’s needs are met or exceeded
- Willing to work beyond normal business hours when necessary
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with clients, vendors and fellow staff members
- Administrative skills to manage budgets costs, and to ensure that all trips are implemented as planned
- Ability to effectively collaborate within and across departments in order to achieve both departmental and organizational goals
- Maintains high professional standards of integrity, ethics, and commitment to the goals and values of Bob Rogers Travel
Founded by a band director in 1981, Bob Rogers Travel specializes in performance and educational tours for student groups. We have representatives in 7 states helping clients throughout the country (and globe) travel across the nation and around the world. Recognized as a top producer for Disney Youth Programs, Broadway and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra (among others), we are singularly focused on delivering the service and experience that students and group leaders deserve.
We want you to be your best self,
which is why we provide:
Paid vacation time
Fun, collaborative environment
The personal touches that BRT provides. Your company gets to know the people they work with. I have never felt like a "number" with BRT.
Class Trip, 2018 DC tour
Columbia Central Junior High School
I appreciated the flexibility Bob Rogers showed us with the billing and various payments we had to make. We thought we were adding more and ended up not but you were great about giving us extra time to work out what we needed to on our end.
Band, 2017 Chicago tour
Plum Grove Junior High School
BRT is always on top of all details. Even when something has slipped through the cracks, changed, or something unexpected comes up, BRT is flexible enough to make the changes needed to make everything right. We have always been so well taken care of and the personal attention is what makes your company special.
Band, ’18-19 Orlando tour
Pella Community High School
This was my 5th trip with Bob Rogers, and I appreciate the professionalism and also the willingness to work with me and my students to make each trip the very best it can be.
Choir, ’18- 19 Atlanta &Tuscaloosa Tour
Nashville School of the Arts
You make the process so easy - step-by-step of what needs to be done, guidance along the way, available (and quick) to respond to questions and making me feel like me and my students are your priority.
Choir, ’17-18 New York City tour
Bowling Green High School
The quality of service that you provided us with was second to none. The organization and communication were exceptional and we always felt we were in “the loop” on things both before and during the trip.
Band, ‘17-18 Orlando Tour
Amos Alonzo Stagg High School
BRT hands down has been the absolute best travel company I have worked with in my 18 years in education. My interactions with BRT have always been so much more than just traveling from one destination to another...the focus has always been on people and providing them with experiences of a lifetime.
Band, ’17-18, Ireland tour
University of Illinois
From the scheduling, to planning, to overseeing, to leading, to customer service, everyone involved was courteous, prompt, and hospitable. Everyone did their jobs well and turned the trip experience into something better than we had anticipated.
Band, ’17-18 Nashville Tour
Lakewood Middle School
Very Organized - even when problems develop. We've gone on enough trips with Bob Rogers to know how BRT operates - always first class, always prepared.
Band, ’17 Los Angeles Tour
Sumner High School
The whole BRT team was extremely attentive, accommodating and reliable. Every detail was attended to and my stress level the entire trip was at an all-time low.
Band, ’17-18 New Orleans Tour