Founded by a band director in 1981, Bob Rogers Travel specializes in performance and educational tours for student groups. We have representatives in 7 states helping clients throughout the country (and globe) travel across the nation and around the world. Recognized as a top producer for Disney Youth Programs, Broadway and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra (among others), we are singularly focused on delivering the service and experience that students and group leaders deserve.
The Associate Travel Coordinator is responsible for the execution of the trip experience by providing meticulous attention to all trip details. The Associate Travel Coordinator creates personalized travel experiences by establishing and maintaining meaningful relationships and by delivering exemplary customer service.
- Ensures the successful execution of all confirmed trips via superior customer service, relationship-building and meticulous attention to detail.
- Keeps organized records of all client (CC Travel Consultant on all emails to client) and vendor communications
- Researches, recommends and negotiates venues, menus, amenities and activities to meet or exceed the client’s needs
- Records all trip expenditures, reviews invoices and compares to budget
- Enters trip details into Salesforce
- Books & gathers contracts per itinerary
- Researches and contracts performance and clinic/workshop venues
- Nurtures a positive, respectful and productive working relationship with the Travel Consultant and all BRT team members
- Consults with the Travel Consultant about any booking discrepancies
- Responsible for invoicing and collecting trip payments from clients
- Facilitates the mailings of all BRT incentives including director gifts, luggage tags, BRT drawstring bags, etc.
- Creates a Tour Director Manual using the final itinerary generated by the Travel Consultant
- Prepares the Tour Director on all trip details to help them facilitate a flawless experience
- Works with fellow staff members on special projects as needed
- Attends industry trade shows as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superior customer service and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple responsibilities of competing priority
- “Can do” attitude with clients; willing to go the extra mile to ensure that the client’s needs are met or exceeded
- Willing to work beyond normal business hours when necessary
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with clients, vendors and fellow staff members
- Administrative skills to manage budgets costs, and to ensure that all trips are implemented as planned
- Ability to effectively collaborate within and across departments in order to achieve both departmental and organizational goals
- Maintains high professional standards of integrity, ethics, and commitment to the goals and values of Bob Rogers Travel